Saturday, March 3, 2012

Health Update - Leap Year Day

I had a full day at my cancer center on Wednesday February 29, 2012. Blood draw at 7:30 AM, CT scan, and 3 separate clinic visits with my oncologist, surgeon, and dental oncologist. I received the radiologist's report of my CT scan results on Thursday; no local or metastatic evidence of disease. After 3 quick, life threatening recurrences in the 2005 to 2007 time frame, I've had no evidence of disease since October 2007 (4.5 years) and have been in remission since December 2009 (2 plus years). This is remarkable!

I'm not sure that my doctors will ever consider me "cured," but this is the next best thing.

Take care everyone.
Ed

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!

Paul said...

Great Blog! Thanks for the information that many are not fully aware of.